Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Grown Up Birthdays

So I turned 26 on Monday and I think I experienced my first grown-up birthday.

I had a wonderful party with close friends on Saturday (a couple too many tequila shots just to prove I am still in my 20's), a wonderful Italian dinner with the Thompson's on Sunday and then I woke up on my birthday, Monday, May 4th with a head cold...and a VERY bad head cold.

I think any other year I would have been sad and mopey about having a cold on my birthday. The selfish child in me may have shown her true colors and pouted a bit...but for some reason this year I still felt so happy to start another year of life. Totally satisfied. I felt loved by so many friends and family through emails, phone calls, cards and facebook messages (again, to prove I am still in my 20's).

But best of all, I was as happy as happy can be to stay home, watch a movie, and eat delicious home-cooked tomato soup and grilled cheese...thanks to the best husband in the entire world!

Being grown up isn't so bad after all...I welcome the late 20's with open arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment