Sunday, October 16, 2011

A change of season...

We have officially experienced a change of seasons. It has quickly moved from summer to fall here in Portland - as you can see from this picture of our beautiful street...

and we have officially left the happy-hour-going, dining out and dancing crowd to join the world of parenthood. It has been different over the past month, that is for sure, but it has been wonderful!

I am amazed at how easy it is to get out of bed at 3am to feed the little goober - all just because I want to make him happy. That most certainly would never have happened just 5 short weeks ago. And I sometimes feel like my heart is going to explode with love when his little face is nestled into my neck during a nap.

Alex is 1 month today and he has made us happier than we could have ever imagined and has brought a beauty to our lives we never knew before. So the happy-hours may have to wait...no biggie!

We went to the pumpkin patch as a family today to celebrate. I am one luckly lady!




And here are some more fun photos of Alex's week:


God-Family: Godmama Becca, Godpapa Bryan, Godsista Leila

Family time watching football

I love this smile

Alex loves his playmat

Walk along the river with mommy



1 comment:

  1. I love him so much! He is darling! And Erin! Hello gorgeous. :) Love you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete