Wednesday, February 29, 2012

HumbleBrag

I am not sure how many of you watched the Oscars and saw Meryl Streep's acceptance speech....it has started a new movement called the HumbleBrag. And boy, was it ever!

But I recently read an article about how sometimes it is OK to brag about yourself and give yourself some credit. And that is exactly what I am going to do today.

In the last 15 hours I have accomplished the following:
  • Had snuggle time with my baby before he went to bed
  • Baked goodies for my department at work to celebrate a campaign launch (cake bites, they are delicious)
  • Had a full night of sleep (and yes, I do consider this an accomplishment)
  • Woke up happy
  • Got myself ready for the day (I even did my hair and I am wearing a dress!)
  • Got Alex ready for the day (He gets to wear sweatpants...lucky duck)
  • With a slobbery kiss and hug around the neck I dropped Alex off at daycare
  • Supported a friend by hosting a table at her breakfast event and even got in touch with my sensitive side a bit as the Make A Wish video never ceases to turn me into waterworks.
  • Then I supported my husband at his Capstone Event for The Connector Project this morning (Great Job, Honey - I am so proud of you and excited to see how our community is changed by the wonderful work you are doing!)
  • Made it to work only one hour late (10am)
  • Got through all of my work emails and handed out my baked goodies
  • Posted this blog (10:35am)
I know this may sound like normal daily activities to many of you but I want you all to know that in my life these days each and every one of these small tasks is a success. So to be able to pull them off in less than 15 hours is monumental! Consider this my HumbleBrag for the year.

1 comment:

  1. I could add another 15 things to this list. You are amazing. I don't know how you do it. The best part is that you do it all with your full of life personality and big smile. I love you. DT

    ReplyDelete