Monday, January 2, 2012

*30* before 30 - REFRESHER

**Thanks to many dear friends near and far, I have been reminded that I am actually farther along on my list than I thought. I have made some updates!

The start of this New Year has me reflecting on the many blessings I have in my life and looking towards all the journeys I hope to experience one day. And it got me thinking..."Oh crap, I am one year closer to 30! So little time and so much to do!" So I have decided to revisit my *30* before 30 list to post an update and hopefully motivate me to keep this concept going strong. After all, I have 20 left to go and I am balancing being a new mom, a good wife and working full time... But no harm in trying to squeeze every drop out of life, right?!?!

As a refresher, here is my list with some brief updates to get us back on track!

1.) Take a photography class (DONE)
2.) Go on an international vacation (DONE- BALI SEPT. 2010)


3.) Russo/Thompson/Rice trip
4.) Go to Jazz Fest in New Orleans
5.) Go Sailing
6.) Go fishing, catch a fish, clean it, cook it and eat it (DONE)
7.) Visit a Southern state (DONE- I have been to Miami. That is definitely pretty far south. Thanks for the reminder Sabs.)
8.) Buy a Michele watch (DONE)
9.) Run a 10k race
10.) Read another Ken Follett novel (DONE - WORLD WITHOUT END)
11.) Make a piece of jewelry I will wear
12.) Go to a Trail Blazers away game (DONE - I went to the Phoenix Suns/Trail Blazers game many years back and I almost completely forgot. I would still love to go to another away game but at least I get to cross it off the list.)
13.) Watch a sunrise (DONE - My last couple days of pregnancy I had the hardest time sleeping. One morning I was up at 4:00am. David heard me stirring and being the amazing husband he is, he offered to get up with me and suggested we go on a walk. We walked around Gabriel Park until the sun came up and then went to one of our favorite bakerys "Baker and Spice" for some oatmeal scones. It is such a wonderful memory I have of some quality time just the two of us before Alex came into this world. It was a beautiful sunrise!)
14.) Learn to drive a stick shift
15.) Go camping (for more than 1 night)
16.) Get a par in golf
17.) Spend a day at the Portland Art Museum
18.) Swim in the pool of a waterfall
19.) Take advantage of an all-you-can-eat buffet
20.) Go to a Rodeo
21.) Hire a personal trainer for at least 4 months
22.) Go to the Sundance Film Festival (DONE)
23.) Redo our Master Bathroom (DONE)
24.) Go to a concert at the Gorge
25.) Run/Walk a half marathon
26.) Raise $25k for Morrison Child and Family Services
27.) Have a campfire and smores on the beach (DONE - We had a family reunion trip at the coast a couple of years back and my cousin Jenna reminded me that we had a campfire and we think smores were involved so I am going to count it! Thanks Jenna!)
28.) Go on a Glider Plane (DONE)
29.) Go surfing
30.) Get a promotion at work (DONE)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my what a list! We have some similar goals I've noticed (New Orleans, learn to drive stick, campfire on the beach, walk/run for a cause...are just a few!) and....you are into Ken Follett also! I've read World Without End and Pillars of the Earth...both addicting and both very long! I want to start another one but I just can't seem to find the time...I wonder why ;)

    ReplyDelete